bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : MLA: Citing Multiple Facts from Same Source & Page in Same Paragraph Let's say I have two facts that I mention in the same paragraph. These two facts come from the same source, and are - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Let's say I have two facts that I mention in the same paragraph. These two facts come from the same source, and are located on the same page of the source. Let's say, for example, that in this paragraph I'm talking about Ferguson and got each fact from the same news article.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Smith147

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It depends on what is in between quote x from Ferguson and y quote from Ferguson. If there is no quotes in between x and y then you can just refer the page number and if there is a quote in between you need to refer to the source again. Also, if there is no sentences between x and y you can just refer to the source after y. However, I personally tend to stay from this idea as it can result in confusion. Now for some examples...

Case 1:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it" (Ferguson,2). Ideally you would have some content here. Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (2).

Case 2:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it" (Ferguson,2). Ideally you would "have some content" here (Buff, 32). Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (Ferguson,2).

Case 3:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it". Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (Ferguson,2).

However, to avoid confusion you should do the same as Case 1 and just refer to the page.

Load Full (0)