bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Least distracting method of citing in a book? I've written a book and I'm juggling citation styles. I haven't put my bibliography together yet, but there are, I would estimate, at least 100 - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I've written a book and I'm juggling citation styles. I haven't put my bibliography together yet, but there are, I would estimate, at least 100 abstracts referenced from the National Library of Medicine, as well of a number of other sources. It's all written in OneNote (obviously not the final format) and presently I just have hyperlinks to the sources next to the respective paragraphs. There are few, if any, direct quotes from the sources.

Most of the book is creative nonfiction and I would prefer it if the citations were not distracting in nature. I'd like it if the citations were as minimal as possible (perhaps only in end notes or in the bibliography). In scientific research papers, I would use numbered superscript citations, but in this case I'm wondering if it's avoidable. Is there a style of citation that keeps the text from appearing like a scientific research paper? Maybe deferring the reader to the bibliography where page numbers/paragraphs are connected to their respective sources?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best