logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Technical writing -- best solutions for gathering and compiling data/information Seek best solutions for information collection, compilation, aggregation Background I'm a newer technical writer working

Correia211 @Correia211

Posted in: #Notes #TechnicalWriting

Seek best solutions for information collection, compilation, aggregation
Background
I'm a newer technical writer working for an industrial fabrication company. We make an awesome B2B product that sells well. I really love what I do, and I believe I've found my life's work. I also really enjoy my work environment and the people. Furthermore, even though I'm older (staring at 40), I've decided to return to university to finish a double BA in Professional Writing and Visual Communication.
My Work
I have been tasked with creating various infographics of our products, creating user manuals of the jigs used to create our products, process instructions for the welders, product assembly instructions for our project managers, and business writing such as policy memos, safety guides, etc.
The Issue
I'm currently struggling with collecting the data and information I need to create these documents, keeping it organized, and then compiling it all in one location.
I have used or am using

Evernote
Noteshelf
Pen & Paper
Audio Notes
Video Notes
Photographs

The audio and video notes are more for my reference. However, the photographs, pen & paper notes, and Noteshelf notes are critical to have compiled.
So, for those of you so inclined, let me know how you handle such an issue.
Clarification
I am not merely gathering quantitative data. It is a combination of processes, adjust-ability settings, dimensions, visual information (photographs), etc. Think large user manual.
As I told @what , I've been using the phrase "gather data" when more accurately this would be "gathering content".

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme