bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do I implement a scholarly citation style in an online format? I am part of a group starting an online, submissions-based journal of critical writing specific to my field. As the writing - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am part of a group starting an online, submissions-based journal of critical writing specific to my field. As the writing will be academic, we will need a formal citation process. We have decided to go with Chicago. However, I am having a tough time finding specific information about using Chicago citations in an online format.

More specifically, I am not sure how to adapt Chicago style to an online format. This style was created with the typed and printed page in mind, so I was wondering if there are any guidelines or commonly accepted tweaks to traditional Chicago style that make it more successful in an online format.

Does anyone know of any resources that can help me with this?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Correia211

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Have a look at the way in which citations are implemented over on Living Reviews in Relativity [link]. For a specific example see the article Massive Gravity.

In the second paragraph on that page, click on the citation numbered 287. You'll get a little pop-up that follows the usual citation style, but annotated with hyperlinks.

Load Full (0)