bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Interacting with the antagonist or protagonist I am writing a game book where the story's plot is about an antagonist who keeps people hostage and, based on the reader's choices, they can survive - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you stick with the first option, I'd suggest you find a very interesting back story for your kidnapper, so that when the reader 'talks' with him, the conversation will be interesting. Otherwise, if the kidnapper doesn't have such an interesting backstory and motives, I don't think I'd be interested in interacting with him for a long time. Κeep in mind though, that if you interact with the antagonist more than the protagonist, the antagonist will be kind of the protagonist, even if he is the 'bad guy' -- thus an anti hero. By using this option, the reader will sympathize or hate more the antagonist and will care a little less about the kidnapped people.

Ι believe the second option will make the reader sympathize with the kidnapped person, because through storytelling they will get closer and get to know each other. If you want something like this, I suggest you go with the second option.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Moriarity138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best