bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Stop thinking own work is stupid Servus, I once again started wondering what might be the problem that keeps me from finishing most of my novels. To compare, there are two novels about 400 - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It's good that you feel motivated to write again, despite the fates of your other stories, however, if you do start a new story, please give it a chance. All of your previous stories seem to be over-the-top absurd. There's an audience for that- as you see in bookstores- but I think I see what you may have failed to understand, depending on your answer to this: Are your stories, the unfinished ones, are they intended to be- to some extent- comical? The only way absurdity can hold its own is by being intentionally humorous, or no one will "get" it: a book involving a ninja-assassin-kitten shouldn't be expected to be read with a straight face (I don't think), so if such a story was intended by the author to be a serious-toned, sci-fi thriller but is getting laughed at instead would be very bad. My best advice to you is to make sure you look at whatever fantastically absurd tales your imagination concocts through a comedic lens. Anyone that may read your story will enjoy it more thoroughly if they understand that the author intends the story to be, to some extent, an absolutely silly, but thrilling adventure. It might even change the way you view your old unfinished works. Very best wishes to you!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @BetL639

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best