bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Increasing sales of my Kindle ebook How can I boost sales of my Kindle ebook? I published it on 28 August 2016 and since then only seven copies sold. So any suggestions? What should I do? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are so many different things that you could do, but finding the one that works best for your specific book will take a lot of trial and error. Some things work, and some things don't, but you need to be willing to make the effort in order to make the sales. Can it be done? Sure! Over the past three years I have earned enough money from my writing to be able to retire early and now write full time. It's been over a year since I retired, and I earn enough to make a living with just my writing.

There is no way that anyone can tell you exactly what will work for just your book, because every book is different. Ultimately, only you can decide what works and how much effort you're willing to put into it. My recommendation would be to spend time researching what has worked for other authors, and the best way to do that is to spend time on a writer's forum where they discuss such things. My long time favorite is the Writer's Café at Kindleboards. You will find several threads there where authors discuss different strategies they have tried and discuss what worked, why they think it worked, and what they had to do.

Another place to consider is LibraryThing, which is an online community for book readers. They allow you to give away free copies of your book, print or digital, and request that the recipients provide you with a review of the book once they've read it. Reviews go a long way towards selling books.

If you have only one book to sell, you may find it more difficult to gather a following. If your book lends itself to a series, try writing more books. The n you can pursue strategies where you give away the first book for free in order to spark interest, and that in turn will encourage people to buy and read the follow-up books. The bigger your gathering, the bigger the sales. Write a really good book, and it will get you attention. Write several really good books, and they will get you sales.

Your success with self-publishing depends on you. If you just write and publish and then do nothing, you will sell nothing. You have to be willing to put in the time needed to research different processes and find what works best for you. It's not easy, and it does take time, but it can be done.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best