bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Amazon's CreateSpace doesn't scale my book I want to sell a printed book on Amazon but I simply can't pass the "Scale" step in the Previewer. I've uploaded the book and the cover (PDF files), - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I want to sell a printed book on Amazon but I simply can't pass the "Scale" step in the Previewer.

I've uploaded the book and the cover (PDF files), then I enter into the Previewer and I get this error window:

You chose 6.14" x 9.21" but your file is 6.0833" x 9.0833"

You have one option(s) to auto-fix your file

Page Scaling

Each page of your uploaded file will be scaled to match your book trim
size. Your page count will not change. If the trim size is a
different shape than your file, additional blank space may appear at
the bottom of each page.

I click the "Page Scaling" button (a square) but (after waiting for "Loading..") nothing happens. My book remains unscaled, and it doesn't allow me to push the button "Approve" (at the bottom of the page).

I've also got an "Auto-fix Trim Size" button at the bottom left of the page, and when I push it, it opens again the window with the error above. Again I click on the "Page Scaling" and again, nothing happens.

The problem is that I can't publish my book. When I exit the PrintPreviewer, I get this message "It looks like you've made some changes to your manuscript or book cover. Please preview and approve these changes before continuing." And when I push "Save and Continue", I get the error "Please preview and approve your book" so I'm stuck at "Paperback Content".

I've sent a message to Amazon (Help - Contact Us) and I got no answer. Is there any other way I can scale my book so Amazon will accept it?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I use createspace. I suggest that you first change your print size to 6inch by 9inch and then you shouldn't have any trouble. But createspace does have a very useful forum where you can ask stuff or just go onto the kdp community.

Load Full (0)