bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What tools and software writers use to write wikipedia style articles for website content? I want to understand the workflow in regard to professional writing career. This is regarding writing - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I want to understand the workflow in regard to professional writing career.

This is regarding writing detailed articles (non-fiction) on various subjects that also involve HTML tables (for tabular data), charts/diagrams, photos something like wikipedia style articles but not for wikipedia. What tools professional writer uses for this purpose?

The goal is to make the process of articles written by the author easy to save in a database and easily published online (HTML format). The nature of article involve extensive research and collection of information to compose an article. So this also involve maintaining some sort of journal log.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Wordpress is probably a good solution. I just wanted to add that saving tabular data in a well known spreadsheet program is helpful for archiving. If you want to make tables on wordpress, try the Tablepress module; it's great.

My workflow may be strange, but I use Dropbox for version control, keep data and graphics in separate folders, edit stuff in a simple text editor (Sublime Text, Notetab Pro, etc) and then transfer it to a rich text editor when I'm ready to finalize the presentation. For writing and collaboration, you don't necessarily need a database to store your data, but it's crucial to use a cloud solution like Dropbox -- which is very collaboration friendly. (A tip though -- free versions of cloud apps like dropbox have limited version control -- for Dropbox free, you only have versions from 30 days back).

Load Full (0)