bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to publish a collection of short stories? I have a collection of short stories. I want to publish them. I need help in this. Should I pay for publishing or are there any agencies that - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Right, before you publish them, ask yourself this: Are they finished? Are they ready to be published? Or are they first drafts? If the latter is true, edit them. Watch for any clichés, grammar or spelling errors, or anything else that can hurt your stories. If they have been edited several times already, and you're certain they don't need more editing, then you may skip to the next paragraph.

Does it matter to you how soon you publish the collection? If not, and if you haven't yet published any of them, enter some of them into short story competitions for the time being. If you keep your name the same for all of them, then you should be able to get them published as a collection in a few years.

Most published collections have connections between their stories. They might all be from the same genre of short stories, or they might give similar morals in different ways. Look over your stories and see whether or not they fit in a collection.

In the meantime, search up some publishers. Find out what you can about them, and whether they'll accept short story collections. This is probably the best route to take if you want them published as soon as possible.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shelley992

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best