bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What should I do if I know the antagonist but too many options for protagonist? I have decided on my antagonist for my first novel. They are pretty much being brought back to power by traitors - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Now that you have your antagonist, you may want to experiment with writing two "partial" stories with each of the two candidates as the protagonist. Eventually, the choice may become clearer, but the effort spent on the other will not have been wasted. That person could become a third, rational, "balancing" character that serves as the "adult chaperone" for the other two.

Unless you decide to marry the to candidates to each other. In one story I wrote, I started with two male protagonists, and then changed one of them to a woman so that they could get married and become one "protagonist."

If the story warrants it, you can have two points of view characters. The example I can think of is "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Most of the story was narrated by Jim Hawkins, the cabin boy, but Dr. Livesey took over the "protagonist" duties when Jim was "missing in action."

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jennifer354

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best