bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to describe a husky, low, sinister voice? Hello! While I was writing for my fantasy novel, I was stuck on how to describe a very scratchy and low, but malicious voice for a grim reaper - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Hello! While I was writing for my fantasy novel, I was stuck on how to describe a very scratchy and low, but malicious voice for a grim reaper kind of like ghost in my story. The voice I'm trying to describe resembles Phantomon from the Digimon series... Especially in the game; Rumble Arena 2. It's just so intimidating and horrifying, I'm having a hard time with describing it, anyone has any idea? I'll be grateful!

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You might not need to describe the voice at all. If the character is a grim-reaper sort, I'd assume it had a low scary voice. That's pretty much the default voice for that kind of creature, isn't it?

If you want to make clear that it's a scary voice, then have other characters react to it with fear.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I would dare propose you could either link it with something your target audience can understand or relate, or you could very specifically describe it. Theres a whole list of words used to describe someone's voice here.
Maybe something like this is what you're looking for?:

A toneless guttural voice was heard. As gravelly and penetrating as it was gruff.

Load Full (0)