bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can my character specialize in torture ; but physically be not that strong? My question is, is this even realistic? She's a woman in her early twenties who specializes in torture, only working - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Here are some things you may need to think about:

How does she catch them? How does she stop them fighting back before they are restrained?
How does she move them (including the disposal of bodies)?
How does she plan to recapture them/overpower them if they escape?

It's certainly not impossible. Hannibal Lecter is arguably the most terrifying of villains because he does not use physical strength to dominate his victims. To answer the list above:

He is charming, cunning, manipulative, and lithe. He is good with a knife and knows exactly where to cut. He is tactical and attempts to distract or incapacitate by any means in order to overwhelm a stronger opponent. He occasionally uses drugs or other means.
For disposal, well, he chops them up and eats some of the parts.
He's not really in the business of torture, so I'm not sure they will ever last long enough to find out. But probably same as (1)

I'm sure your character will be well aware of her physical incapabilities, and yet she still chose this line of work. She's a professional, so she must be 100% confident that whatever happens, she will be able to get the upper hand. While it is entirely possible for her to torture someone strapped to a table, think about how they got on the table to begin with and where they're going next. She certainly will have considered every possible hole in her plan, and you should too!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Chiappetta298

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best