bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I'm not sure where to start with writing a horror story I haven't written anything horror, but I have had scenes in my past stories that my friends have stated was 'creepy,' so I've decided - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Well, asking where to start with a horror story is a pretty broad question. It really comes down to what story you feel you want to tell.

You mentioned writing the ghost story everybody's heard before- this isn't an issue you should worry about. If this is your first attempt at writing a horror story, don't get too caught up with originality. If you like it and continue to write this genre, over time you will develop your niche and write stories like Stephen King.

Also, what do you mean by "more realistic"? I would specify that question a bit more if I were you.

If you mean to say you don't want to take it to a fantasy level and you want to keep it more in tune with our current world, then I would study thrillers and real life situations that were terrifying. Horror stories don't always have to include a ghost.

Where to start? I would begin by reading some horror stories, there are way more to them then just ghost stories. Or, if you don't want to take the time to do that, just watch some movies.

After reading/watching other scary stories, you may find a spark of inspiration. You write a horror story almost just like any other story. If you want it to be really good, read articles on subtlety, elements of horror, etc.

I got into writing horror after watching lots of scary movies that I loved.

Good luck (:

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Radia543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best