bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is there a difference between slogans and brand statements? I once came across a set of brand guidelines and, in the tone of voice section, there was a list of 'brand statements'. Multiple - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I once came across a set of brand guidelines and, in the tone of voice section, there was a list of 'brand statements'. Multiple brand statements as examples of what the company could pick and choose to use throughout their marketing material.

Is the above method correct? If so then I can understand how brand statements would differ from slogans, as typically one brand would only have one slogan if I'm not mistaken.

But when I try to read up on the matter, the results I get look as though slogans and brand statements are the same thing.

If the two are the same thing, is there a name given for when a company might have a bunch of different headlines that they can use throughout their marketing?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gloria285

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I could not find anything about a brand statement, it is possible you are confusing the Slogan vs Tagline debate. Here the two are easily confused as being one and the same when they are actually different.

A slogan is a short-lived marketing campaign representative of the current business model/product. It is a short saying usually with wit and catchy to get stuck in people's heads. An example would be Verizon's "Can you hear me now?". They ran this slogan for several years before coming up with a new slogan to represent their business.

A tagline is more permanent. It represents your business and puts your company's values into another short saying. We can see these more prevalent in marketing when we see things like "Just do it" for Nike. These have been the tagline of the companies for many years while they have run other slogans to market new products.

Load Full (0)