bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I label a graphic novel series? Similar to the issues brought up in Structuring a novel like a television or graphic novel series, I'm adjusting a saga I'd conceived as an animated - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Seems like almost any combination of {Season,Volume,Book}# - {Episode/Chapter/Issue}# is fine. You could choose to restart the smaller number or not. Even TV shows have a mix from what I've seen, though netflix appears to retcon all of them to Season X / Episode 1 (starting from 1 for each season).

I've at minimum seen television play with all of these. Some animated series have books instead of seasons (Avatar: Last Airbender primary among them; Or Stranger Things with chapters). As long as your target audience groks what you're throwing at them, I don't think it matters much. And it seems like you know enough about your structure to simply do the same thing everyone else does.

I'd recommend restarting episode/chapter counts for each season as it is simpler to talk about, which is probably what you want. But otherwise, pick your words for the mind space & tone they create if there isn't accepted terminology for your medium. If you're managing your own publishing, it won't matter and if you're doing the other thing then the publisher will likely handle this themselves.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bethany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best