bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Books or resources on writing fluidly? I have ADHD, and while I write often very good essays, some of which are published, I seem to struggle to stay on one thought. When I'm writing an argumentative - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I have ADHD, and while I write often very good essays, some of which are published, I seem to struggle to stay on one thought. When I'm writing an argumentative essay, for example, I get so excited at the prospect of lobbing every argument against the wall that I dash around to all of them in a single paragraph, leaving nothing for the rest of the essay.

Then, I look at Why I Am Not A Christian, by Bertrand Russell, and find that it is perfectly paced (by my own taste). I'll lay out an argument, and proceed to give maybe one or two sentences to it, then proceed to the next argument, and occasionally throw in statistics, parentheticals, etc., and the whole paragraph is unreadable.

I showed an argumentative essay that I hated to an editor, and they saw none of the problems that I did and ended up publishing it, but that essay was repulsive to me.

Regardless if it is just me being too harsh on myself, I would like to know of some books or resources that help to improve fluidity in writing.

Thank you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best