bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Characters that take on a life of their own There are definite advantages to writing comprehensive character maps, but one downside that I've found is that when a character is fully fleshed - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

That's a thing I read often about on Twitter from colleagues. The most common approach is: Let your character do what he wants. There is a reason that your character developed this way and make way for a very interessting approach on your story. Maybe the way your character takes on situations is way more statisfying than your approach.

The other approach is to force the characters in your story. The major problem in that approach is: The characters tend to seem out of character. The reader can't relate to the made decision, cause it seems off. Like an actor, who plays a role and starts to smirk a bit.

You see: There are 2 approaches, but the first one is my personal favourite, cause a story lives with it's characters and it is better to fit the story around them. But what you do is totally your decision in the end

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sherry594

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best