bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: The importance of monitor size/distance for writing productivity? I've been thinking today that my writing station's monitor screen set-up is much worse than I had previously thought, and can be - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

To write "simple" text, a 20" monitor would probably be fine, those should not be too expensive either. There is usually a connector for an external monitor or such on a laptop, so there should not be any problem to hook them together. (But double check first just in case.)

The main advantage is that a new monitor is probably nicer to your eyes and if it a standalone monitor, it would probably be better adjusted to the right height as well, giving less strain on the neck and shoulders.

When it comes to efficiency and large and/or several monitors, there is only a few research papers around (when I researched the subject about two years ago).
One was heavily sponsored (or conducted) by NEC (creates monitors among other things) and involved a lot of excel copy-and-paste, and then there is one study made by Microsoft Research, where they created a custom-built 30" monitor with about the same methods and results as the NEC study.

To counter any go-after-new-toys comments, 14.1" is really small for a workstation, it works if you're travelling or such, but if you're going to sit 8-10 hour a day in front of it, you really need something better.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best