bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: When two first person POV characters meet NOTE: I've seen this question asked when the POV is third but not first. I write psychological thrillers that move quickly and focus heavily on what - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Animorphs did this often. (Mostly in the Megamorphs line of books, which were co-narrated by all the characters, though a few of the main series books would make the switch when the narrator couldn't tell the full story. Main series books would announce the perspective flip early on to make it less jarring.)

Normally the chapter would open with the new Narrator and his or her related cover art. The switch was made to an appropriate narrator for the next sequence of events and not in any particular order. If two back to back narrators shared the scene, the hand off would occur because the first character was unfit to tell the story further OR because the second character was the better person to explain what's happening. To my recollection they would not do the same event from a different point of view.

As a rule with my POV switches though, I would recommend that they occur infrequently between characters that shared scenes and rather switch to another scene that is not experienced by either of them.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @LarsenBagley300

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best