bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is a fighting a fallen friend with the help of a redeemed villain story too much for one book In a story I am about to write the best friend of the protagonist is a good, caring and benevolent - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

No, it is not too much (I agree with Galastel).

If you are feeling it is too much, I suspect your story is underdeveloped, or under-imagined. You need more scenes to illustrate the transitions smoothly, which means you need to invent more story, more conflicts with more emotion. It means your outline doesn't sound terrible, but perhaps you need to slow down the pace (by introducing more scenes, with more justification, and more showing of emotional transformations) so it doesn't feel like it just jumps four stairs at a time.

Identify for yourself where the "too fast, too far" moments are, and try to invent one or two intermediate steps that will get the character to the same place without him falling off a cliff (or jumping up one).

This obviously has ramifications for the rest of the story, what the OTHER characters are doing also needs to be addressed if all the character arcs are going to come together when they should.

So I'm not saying it is easy, but yes, it can be done.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Odierno164

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best