logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Yes of course you can, there are multiple ways to do it. My favourite example is in one of the most famous movies of Max Ophuls: "Madame De..." Even in the title of the movie,

Odierno164 @Odierno164

Yes of course you can, there are multiple ways to do it. My favourite example is in one of the most famous movies of Max Ophuls: "Madame De..."
Even in the title of the movie, the character name of the leading actress is incomplete.
It's hidden throughout the whole movie.
Every time a character is about to pronounce her name, something happens (horse-drawn carriage passing nearby, a train about to leave...)
Every time her name could be read somewhere, the remaining part is incomplete due to a series of coincidences.
This element contributes a lot to the storyline of this particular movie which is in my opinion the best example and I'd recommend you to watch it.
In this case, in the screenplay, you could just say Madame De...
Or use whatever name you want, but keep it constant, because the screenplay is for the production crew not for the audience. So if you want to hide the name to the audience you can do it by changing what's written in the actual script. The naming of the character is only relevant for production.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme