logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Does "Let me know if you have any questions." mean "reply only if you have a question"? Does "Let me know if you have any questions" mean that there is no need to reply unless you

Odierno164 @Odierno164

Posted in: #Email

Does "Let me know if you have any questions" mean that there is no need to reply unless you have a question?
I get informational emails sometimes that end with some form of "Let me know if you have any questions" or "Let me know with any questions", for this specific instance it's my landlord telling me about scheduled maintenance of the elevators.
Should I reply with a short thank you or should I not reply anything unless I have a question?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Hamm6328258

Hamm6328258 @Hamm6328258

I believe this question is slightly off-topic for this site, but my understanding is;
Yes
It probably means that (in this case your landlord) only expects a reply if there are actual questions. However, it is most likely not in any way problematic to reply with a "Thank you".
Sure, any person or correspondence is unique, so your landlord may expect a reply to any informative mail.
I'd say go ahead and reply, with or without questions, if that feels natural to you. If you want to be sure, ask if your landlord expects a reply to such mails.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme