bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: A friendlier way to write charges or fees to clients? What is a better way to write in an email to tell my client that I will charge him a fee of say 0? Often, I feel very reluctant - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are two elements of a quote for which clarity is far more important than friendliness:

The description of your services.
The statement of your fees.

If you like, make everything else in your message friendly. But write the description of your services clearly. Then write a short line like this:

My fee for these services is 0.

None of that "I will quote" or "I will give you a quote" blather. That's filler.

Also consider whether friendliness is what you really want. You and this client are strangers, and this client wants you not as a friend, but as someone who can provide a service they need. The client may read a friendly message as wishy-washy, or presumptuous.

It's hard to establish the tone of a relationship through text. If you want to make your relationship more person, have a phone call or two, and be personable. That will establish a relationship, and the relationship will set the context in which the client reads your email messages. If the relationship is friendly, the client will read the message in a friendly tone.

But whatever you choose to do, when it comes to the terms of your agreement, favor directness and clarity over friendliness.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best