logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Should I include my email address in an ebook? I am wondering if it is appropriate to include my email address on the title page of my short stories on Amazon Kindle. If so, is it wise

Jessie137 @Jessie137

Posted in: #Kindle #SelfPublishing

I am wondering if it is appropriate to include my email address on the title page of my short stories on Amazon Kindle.

If so, is it wise to use one obtained from say Yahoo because it will not change even when I change my service provider.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Sarah872

Sarah872 @Sarah872

I'm answering this as a technician, not as a writer: it's not wise to share your email anywhere in Internet, and I believe it's valid for ebooks also.

I say that because your email will become public and a lot of people - and scripts - you don't know will use it. That will make sure you will receive in your email SPAM, STRANGE MESSAGES, UNDESIRABLE CRITICISM, etc.. That's a reason for most websites not use emails anymore, preferring on line contact pages instead.

There are other - and safer - ways for people to contact you.

For example, you can create a free blog or a webpage, and people will be able to contact you from there without actually knowing your email; or a facebook page.

It makes much more sense to add a webpage address to your ebook than your email, specially because a webpage can be expanded and changed later if you want to.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme