bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Free stock photos for ebook cover Following my question here, I am wondering what are the pros and cons of using images/photos from websites that offer free stock photos. I am aware of MorgueFiles. - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Following my question here, I am wondering what are the pros and cons of using images/photos from websites that offer free stock photos. I am aware of MorgueFiles.

My goal is to use the images/photos to create my ebook covers.

I want to be able to manipulate the photos (e.g. recolour or use layers). The less restriction the better.

I am aware of paid sites such as Thinkstock but their licensing arrangements are beyond my budget. They offer 5 images for 0!

Are there other reputable sites that offer free images/photos that can meet my needs?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jessie137

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

www.deviantart.com/ is a great site were people can post images. It works also as a social network and there you will find amazing photos: some you can use for free, some you can use if you pay a fee. Try to check there. You will find also people who have stock accounts. The trick pay attention because some pictures are free to use, by CC license, some you also can use if you pay.

And for your question, I have used free stock sites before since I am a web developer and what I could say it that I don't remember any reason why not to, as long as you pay attention if the image can be used.

Load Full (0)