bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: About the Author description Whether we like it or not, the "About the Author" description is a marketing tool. It contains selective personal and professional information which is deemed to have - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my opinion, the difference lies on your writing. I would be interested in knowing that Robin Cook is a doctor, since he writes fiction books that heavily relies on medicine. It would be weird if he was a computer technician. On the other hand, I don't care at all about what Margaret Weis studied in college.

If you write fiction, what kind of fiction you write? If it's social based, it makes sense you say that you have academic qualification but it's not mandatory. If you write fantasy books with elves and dwarves, will it make any difference if you haven't graduated at all?

That's to say I wouldn't go for that path expecting to impress readers and make them to buy your work, because I think most of them will care more about the book description than the author qualifications... But I think a good "about the author" might reach the ones who want know more.

So, the answer is yes, it's appropriate to include such information, specially because most of publishers do in their books. I just think it could not be yes if aimed for "making a connection between my qualification and writing for the readers".

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best