bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Writing an effective summary for a story I just published my first short story at Amazon. Although many people downloaded it while in its free promotion days, no one has purchased it yet. People - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's a saying in Brazil -- "De graça, até injeção na testa" / "For free, even a shot (injection) in forehead". That's to say, it's quite normal to have a lot of more downloads of your free book, than your payed one (even if both are the same). Remember the eBooks "offer" is really higher than the "market".

Well, I think there's something is missing in your summary, probably the mystery of your story, the conflict. When I read it, I already get everything.

Saki goes to a beach, undergoes a surgery, gets cured, end of story. Why should I buy your story if I already know everything that happens in it only by reading the summary?

A good summary must leave a -- I want to know what is happening -- feeling in the reader/buyer. If it fails to raise your reader's attention, it won't work.

Saki travels to Patong Beach, Thailand to have a surgery done. She was hoping to finally put an end to her life-long affliction, but things are never so easy as we thing they should be. What's is the deal with Mark? What is really happening in the hospital? Will she be able to uncover the truth before it's too late? Sometimes the cure can kill you.

Of course, I don't know your story. I just invented Mark, something mysterious about the hospital to raise the reader's attention. You just need to change that eye catching phrases to something that fits your plot but, to do a good summary, you must create expectation and a desire to buy the book.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best