logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : I want my coauthor to feel comfortable making changes to my work I'm sending a draft to my coauthor (senior and more experienced). I'm new to the world of coauthoring and was wondering what

Nimeshi163 @Nimeshi163

Posted in: #AcademicWriting #FirstDraft #Revision

I'm sending a draft to my coauthor (senior and more experienced). I'm new to the world of coauthoring and was wondering what would be a good way to suggest that he has absolute liberty to change anything and I would not be offended by that. I feel awkward to say this directly, because it can imply an assumption on my part that he couldn't do that without me telling him.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Berumen699

Berumen699 @Berumen699

Based on my 25+ years of academic co-authorship: Your co-author definitely won't feel free to change everything unless you tell him so directly. Don't feel awkward. Some people fall in love with their first draft and only want the co-author to "improve" it but not "change" it. If it's a really good first draft that's not so bad, as it will speed publication. But usually, the first draft needs changing, not just improving. And sometimes serious changing. So let your co-author know you're not one of those types. Your wording sounds good to me.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme