bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to Explain the Pronunciation of a Conlang Within the Text of the Novel In novels which contain a constructed language (conlang), there are areas where the rules of pronunciation can be specified. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you're stuck with characters that all know how to spell/speak the language, this could be done when words are being transcribed.

For example, if Gahinohi is a name, he could be making reservations at an inn or a restaurant (or signing in at a DMV).

"Who should I make the reservation for?" the server asked, fiddling around and trying to find where she'd dropped her pen. "Myron Gahinohi." She found the pen and started scribbling. "Table of five," she muttered, writing almost unbearably slowly, "Six thirty...for Martin-"
"Myron" "Myron..." she trailed off, having clearly forgotten my name. "Ga." I waited for her to write before even bothering to continue. "Ino. I."She capped the pen and read back to me "Table of five, six-thirty for Myron Gahinohi. Got it. We'll see you then." Hopefully she won't have to write anything down at that time.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best