bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I write a proper cover letter? I'm an engineer with a fair knowledge of the English language. I can converse with people in English and write as well, but now I'm interested in learning - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

A cover Letter has a fixed structure:

The first paragraph describes which position you are applying for and where you found the position.
The second paragraph explains why you think you are suitable for this position.
The third paragraph is set for follow-up actions you are expecting or you may take (such as hearing from you or "I will call you to discuss more details", etc). Also, keep the cover letter to one page.

I reckon you use as few technical terms as possible because the covering letter is usually read by HR staff, they merely need to know your general working experience.
There are significant differences between an email cover letter and one sent by post, in the header and footer sections. In brief, you don't need header information in an email (addressee info, date, sender name and address, etc) and length isn't as big of a deal in an email, although you still should keep an email cover letter short. You may find more info on this page.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Harper186

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best